Hampshire Indoor Championships 2021
Talisman Bowmen had a small contingent of archers competing in the Hampshire Indoor Championships weekend held at the Places Sports Centre in Eastleigh on 9th and 10th October 2021.
A special mention goes to:
Richard Heathcote and Llinos Edgeley who came 1st in the Senior Gents Barebow and 3rd in the Senior Ladies Barebow categories respectively in the Portsmouth round held on Sunday.
As a result of their good performances, Talisman Bowmen won the Barebow team category for the Portsmouth round!
Llinos Edgeley also finished 2nd in the Senior Ladies WA Combined round held on the day before.
Her score of 584 also sets a club record for the Senior Ladies Barebow category of this round.
Congratulations to both Llinos and Richard.
Next year’s Hampshire Championships will be held in February 2022. If any club members are interested in taking part next February, please contact the club Tournament Officer Richard Heathcote who can give you details and organise a club entry.
Talisman Bowmen Autumn Frostbite 2021
To make up for the cancellation of the Strawberry Shoot, Talisman Bowmen held an autumn Frostbite competition on Sunday 3rd October for its club members. The tournament judge was Dave Adlam, whilst Dean Chambers ran the field, with good weather and a relaxed atmosphere, the morning’s shoot was a great success..
Congratulations to all the category medal winners, the results can be found here!
Club Records & Record Breakers
Congratulations to these club members on achieving the following AGB classifications:
Dave Adlam – Bowman
Lilly Adlam – 2nd Class
Llinos Edgeley – 2nd Class
They have also set new club records for the following rounds:
Senior Gent barebow –
Lilly Adlam –
Junior Under 12 Lady Recurve
Short Junior National
Short Junior Warwick
Short Junior Western
Senior Lady barebow –
Go to the members page for the latest top scores, if you want to look at different rounds the AGB website has them all listed here, or ask Stephanie for assistance.
AGB Guidance means we can have 8 bosses with 2 archers from different households 2M distance per boss, family groups can continue to shoot on the same boss.
Please follow strict adherence to COVID protocols including distancing, use of gloves, sanitising, pulling own arrows in turn to maintain distance, handling of own equipment etc, in order to keep yourselves and everyone safe please abide by the following:
- Archers wishing to shoot from the beginning of the session should arrive in plenty of time to set-up their own equipment and assist with the setting up of the range
- Choose a boss with a distance/target size of choice, if numbers exceed 8 share with another archer by mutual agreement
- Archers arriving after the start of the session are requested to set-up their own boss and face (in co-operation with another archery if necessary) without disrupting the flow of the session for other archers, please liaise with the Field Captain
- At the end of the session please help to take down and stow away club equipment, do not leave the boss on the field if it is not in use
- If you feel unwell or have COVID-19 Symptoms please stay at home and follow government advice
- Use sanitiser & towels (there are supplies available)
- Wear face coverings between shooting (not mandatory)
- Do not touch other archers equipment
- Maintain social distance at all times
- Wear gloves to handle the containers, bosses and any other club equipment
- Pull only your own arrows and distance from others to allow this
- Wash hands thoroughly back at home
- Please arrive in plenty of time to set-up and time to take down after shooting
- As the football season is still on the pitches will be in use Sundays/Wednesdays use the netting and be alert to any calls of “Fast” to cease shooting (and return arrows to quivers) immediately should any one (or a dog) enter the range
- Field Captains to retain records of who shoots for 21 days
- It’s currently not possible to drive onto the field
Please do continue to follow the guidance for shooting in the most recent newsletter and via AGB Guidance for Archery